Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Space Junk

The Looking Glass

The play was called “Space Junk”. She didn’t like space. As a matter of fact, she hated space. When invited to join the second group of settlers, she had refused. So, she didn’t know why she was there. Well, she did; his baby blue eyes and that cute smile. When the play started, he excused himself and left. She was furious, especially because she hated anything related to space. The play continued, astronauts, and no gravity-actors held by very visible strings, oxygen drama, lack of fuel, lack of food, lack of water, lack of sense, and stranded on the moon for life, as if life would be very long when one lacked basically everything. She looked around to find him. Nope, he was gone. The characters were all dying on stage, the audience awwwwed with tears in their eyes. She stood up, walked into the corridor and there he was, on the phone. “Yes, I love you too. I’ll be home later, honey, but don’t worry, I am at a meeting. Yes… It came up suddenly. Yes, of course, I will. Mwah, looooove youuuu!” She walked back inside, she sat down, and she lit up a cigarette. After the play, they went to a nice hotel. “I love you! You’re so special to me, honey. Give me a kiss,” he told her, those baby blue eyes flickering with excitement. The next day, the police found an unusual scene. A man had been stabbed with a plastic toy rocket, the one they had at the theater as a souvenir. A piece of paper had been placed on his bloodied chest. It said “I got rid of my junk."

No comments:

Post a Comment