Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Camp NaNoWriMo April 2019



Camp NaNoWriMo is fast approaching and it's time to start preparing for it.


This year, I'll revise the story I wrote last November during the NaNoWriMo. I'll use the method I've been learning about at the Novel Revision classes, a course taught by Verona Lorgsval (Second Life name), Victoria Lynn Osborne (in Real Life).

My story is called Just Before Dawn and it's a thriller/mystery.

A partially burnt body is found in the woods near a half-abandoned commercial area. Sal, a former police detective turned private investigator whose office is located at the commercial area, decides to snoop around. Things take a bad turn when the police start asking her some strange questions.

I'm not much of a graphics/image person, but I have been working on a tentative cover. And this is what I came up with.



I think it's OK. So, for now, I'll stick to this one.
Photo courtesy of Marcelo Silva. Click the link to see the original. I kept the tones/colors/framing/etc. and edited it by adding a layer with orange splashes to the right and the title/author name.

26 days until revising begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment