Sunday, January 25, 2015

If you're happy and you know it

Vice City


What an awful place to die, he thought, staring down from the overpass. Make a wish and be happy, but his mind... Don’t jump. Jump. Don’t jump. Make a wish. Quick, make a wish. But secrets are meant to be kept, aren’t they? At least some of them are. His mind raced as fast as the cars underneath. I hate you so much, I can barely breathe, he thought. Make a wish. Yes, make a wish, just any wish... When he plunged towards that perfect white line, there was no clapping; there was no sound, there was nothing at all.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The idea for this story came from a film I watched recently where a friend of the main character committed suicide jumping off an overpass. My first thought was "what an awful place to die". The prompt for the 100 Word Stories was "If you're happy and you know it...", so I just had to turn it upside down. Thanks for your comment, Cybele. Hope you're well.

      Delete