Friday, June 10, 2022

100 Word Stories



May 31 2022. The seventeenth anniversary of the 100 Word Stories PodcastIt's a remarkable body of work by Laurence Simon (R. in Second Life). He vowed to write a story, 100 words long, every day till the day he dies. And he has written hundreds of stories.

Inspired by R.'s commitment to story writing, I started taking part in the Weekly ChallengeMy very first story was read in January 2012. It was called "I Don't Know". I remember that it took me hours - yes, hours! - to write and polish 100 words! And I was so nervous about sending it out.

It's hard to believe 10 years have gone by. I've written over 500 drabbles, continue to take part in the podcast and am forever grateful to R.'s inspiration and generous support over the years.

More stories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment