Friday, May 2, 2014

The Liebster Award!


Thank you, Cybelle, for the nomination to the Liebster Award!

Everything I do, I do it passionately, above all writing.

Being nominated by a fellow blogger, a fellow story writer and especially you, someone who has followed my writing path regularly, means a lot to me.

In "There was a Time", Cybelle blogs both stories and absolutely stunning photos, often blending these two worlds perfectly. Do drop by for a visit!


I am told to share a bit about myself by answering these questions. So, here goes!



1. What is your favorite city?


      Although I don't live there, I'd say Lagos, Portugal. It's a city by the sea (and I do love the sea!) where you can close your eyes and hear the wind whispering secrets, the seagulls arguing, people chit-chatting away, the boats entering the marina. When it rains, there's a certain calmness. I like that.


2. What is your favorite character trait?

      The ability to listen. The Buddhists call it mindful listening. I'm not a Buddhist, but I'm very sensitive to the generosity that listening without interrupting or judging involves. It's very uncommon to come across it nowadays.


3. What is your favorite book?

      This is a tough one! My background is Modern Languages and Literatures, so choosing one single book is not easy. Being a former educator, I'll choose Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. I've always been fascinated by the perplexity the main character feels towards the world around her. This perplexity and the use of both language and the absurd have inspired many of my stories. 


4. What subject in school gave you the most grief?

      Maths! *rolls eyes*

5. What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you in the last 10 years?

      The last 10 years have been a time for big transitions. I stopped working as a teacher and started writing. I think realizing my life could continue to have meaning, beyond the job I so loved and for which I worked so hard, is definitely at the top of the wonderful things that happened to me in the past few years.


6. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?

      My family (for the good and the bad!) and my friends. Oh, and I mustn't forget my students. They taught me a lot about not losing hope.


7. What is your biggest pet peeve?

      People who don't say "hello" or "goodbye", basically... rude people. Oh, and selfishness. And also people who are self-centered. But then we'd have three pet peeves!


8. Do you have a dream you’d like to share?

      Having peace of mind! I'd like to be able to sit down and not think about anything, literally. Some say that's possible. So, there's hope. :)


9. Which would describe you best, a romantic idealist or a philosophical pragmatist?

      I think I'm a philosophical pragmatist. I do have my moments of romantic idealism, I do! However, my matter-of-fact side inevitably takes over.


10. What is your biggest fear?

      Loneliness. Despite the fact that I cherish my moments of silence, I'm an outgoing, communicative, gregarious person!


11. Why do you like to blog?

      This blog is like my workshop. My stories are posted here and there throughout the world wide web! So, my blog is the place I return to, my resting place, where I keep my "writing self". It's also my "writing home" where I receive my guests, old readers dropping by to check new stories and new readers looking forward to discover my writing. Some become friends and that is inspiring!

And now, it's my turn! I nominate...


The 100 Word Stories Podcast, daily drabbles, a weekly writing challenge and podcast.
Virtual Writers World, daily and weekly writing challenges, book reviews, story writing.
iRez, virtual identity, culture, story writing.
MusePalace, poetry.
Serendipidy Haven's Blog, virtual reality and story writing.
Living Virtuality, virtual reality.
Imagining the Impossible, virtual reality and story writing.
Writer's Kaboodle, interviews to upcoming writers and book reviews.
More Graffiti, drabbles and haikus.
Wide Awake But Dreaming, story writing.


... to the

Note: I wish I could've nominated Honour's Post Menopausal as well, but... the number of followers is way above the 300, which only shows what a great job Honour is doing!


Finally, I'm told that it's part of the award to ask you a few questions. Here are my 11 Questions for you, should you choose to accept the Liebster Award (copy and paste them to a post on your blog and then try to pick 10 other blogs to nominate, that have less than 300 followers):

1. What is your favorite place in the world (virtual and/or real)?
2. What is your favorite character trait?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. What are you reading at the moment?
5. What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you in the last 10 years?
6. Are you a cat or a dog person?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. Do you have a dream you’d like to share?
9. Which would describe you best, a romantic idealist or a philosophical pragmatist?
10. What is your biggest fear?
11. Why do you like to blog?

2 comments:

  1. yay Lizzie!! And I'm with you on number 9!! Great answers. I'm glad you enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete