Saturday, February 4, 2012

Myth


Mare Serenitatis
Myth! That’s a great word! So I thought, brilliantly of course, that the best way to tackle it was to write a poem. I set out to think of words that would rhyme with myth. Now, there is scythe! I couldn’t help but putting on my biggest evil grin, smart me! And there is good old with, of course. Fantastic! This is going somewhere! Then there is… forthwith! Well, that is cheating a bit to be honest, but who’s keeping track of that anyway?! And herewith! Yes, yes, that is cheating a lot, I know! Geez, demanding! There is also fifth and sixth, ahm… ahm… ahm… I admit the enthusiasm was starting to wear off and writing a poem didn’t seem like such a bright idea after all. I’d better check the Rhyme Dictionary. After a few seconds of cheer suspense, behold, I was rich; lithe, pith, blyth, b'rith, dith, fithe, frith, pith, smyth, stith, withe, writhe, ledwith! And, let’s not forget, granny smith, the most mythological creature of all! I swear, the dictionary had granny smith there! Just in case, I decided to check the definition of Myth -- a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature. Yep, it checks. Granny is indeed a phenomenon of nature, hence a myth!
Writer's Dash

No comments:

Post a Comment